Saturday, January 30, 2010

Beef, beef and more beef!


This weeks protein was beef. I'm not a huge fan of it, but i do enjoy it from time to time. This week was an absolute overload of it for me. I learned some great and delicious sauces that compliment beef very well, but I think I'm good. I won't be needing to eat this for a long time.


First up... Beef Bourguignon. I've made this many times before and this was a variation on the one I make at home. I add more wine and carrots to mine and cook it for quite a bit longer. It was still very good!


This steak dish features two types of steak. The flat iron (left) and the flank (right). The flat iron I grilled and topped with a julienned roasted red pepper. The flank was done in a carne asada style marinade and grilled. The middle is a compound butter made with garlic, lemon, cayenne, parsley and a little salt. It tasted great with the steaks. My daughter, Tiff, loved it on bread as well!

1 comment: