Friday, February 26, 2010

Culinary III is DONE!!

It's been a few weeks now and I keep forgetting to post the last few whirlwind weeks worth of dishes that I made in class. This first one is osso bucco. I had always heard that this dish is delicious but had never tried it. Well... they were right. It could have been braised a little longer, but the flavor was incredible. I hope to make this again.... SOON!



Veal Blanquette was next in line. This really wasn't as good I had hoped. It was a little bland. Maybe I didn't season it enough... or maybe the flavor was supposed to be more subtle. At any rate, it was good but... I don't know.



Yeah... lamb... not my favorite. I like lamb. Well, some lamb dishes. Maybe I just haven't had enough really good lamb to make a well informed decision. This dish was a braised lamb shank. I like it... but I wouldn't go out of my way to fix it again.


And for the finale.... More lamb! This was a braised lamb as well. This time a stew with all kinds of vegetables to "garnish" it. To me the "garnish" was like a whole other meal in itself. Technically all the vegetables on top of this stew are the "garnish." I had to make this for my practical final. All the vegetables had to be cooked properly, cut correctly, seasoned well and be hot and done at the same time the stew was ready. Loads of work! But Chef referred to this as a "pretty straight forward dish." God help us if he were to give us a complicated one!


No comments:

Post a Comment